This month, Topas Exec Chef Christian Milling brings you the Organic Pumpkin Soup recipe our trail runners love at the Vietnam Trail Series finish lines.
– 1pc. Big organic garden pumpkin
– 5pc. Carrot
– 2pc. Onion
– 2pc. Garlic cloves
– 1pc. Ginger finger size
– 1pc. Turmeric finger size
– 2tbs. Red curry paste
– 2tbs. Gluten free soy sauce
– 2tbs. Lime juice
– 5dl. Water
– 5dl. Coconut milk
– 3tbs. Olive oil
– 2ts. Salt and pepper
Organic Pumpkins at Topas Ecolodge‘s garden
- Cut your pumpkin in half and remove seeds
- Drizzle both pieces of pumpkin with 2 tbs. olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Wrap in foil and bake at 200°C in 40min until very tender
- In a pot add 1tbs. of olive oil. When hot, add sliced carrots, onion, turmeric, ginger and curry paste cook for 5min at medium heat.
- Add into the pot coconut milk, water and soy sauce and cook until very tender
- In a blender now combine roasted pumpkin with the cooked veggies. To flavor add lemon juice, salt and pepper.