Distance: 50km | +1,800m gain
Start time: 5:00AM, Saturday, 19-10-2024
Start location: Bản Leo’s football field (next to bản Đôn, Thanh Lam Commune, Ba Thuoc District) – Google maps
(Our crew will be on hand to advise independent drivers at the start area.)
CUT-OFF: 03:30PM at CP5 – 05:30PM at CP6 – 08:00PM at CP7 – 09:30PM at CP8 – 11:59:59PM at FINISH
Finish location: Ban Hang Race Village (Quan Hoa District) – Google maps
Age restriction: Entrants to 50km must be at least 18 years old on race day.
Our 50km offers an ultra distance route of extreme beauty.
The start area is in beautiful Ban Don village. Runners will first enjoy a loop around the ethnic minority houses here, before heading into great single track trail.
A short jungle section will then lead you to another great descent down to the broad valley dotted with villages.
Once down in the valley floor you will run among paddies and on mixed, runnable paths with amazing views all around.
You will then reach a pretty river crossing and head onto another runnable trail section alongside the river. As the trail rolls with small climbs you will get some more great views, this time of the river valley.
Next, you will race through tiny villages and past waterwheels to the picturesque village of Ban Hieu.
This fairytale settlement features traditional stilt houses which dot the hillside and a turquoise river with rapids and waterfalls which cascades down to the valley floor.
After reaching the top of the climb here, you will enjoy sweeping views of the valley before descending back down and running through a broad rice-filled valley which will hopefully be a magical gold colour during this season.
Along this section you will run through more small ethnic minority villages, crossing the front yards of some houses!
After a climb into the Nature Reserve, you will face a tough jungle section with some narrow, technical trail and a very steep climb we like to call ‘The Spike’, but locally it is called ‘Doc Quyt’.
You will then be rewarded with an utterly spectacular view of a valley ringed with incredibly steep, jungled limestone mountains. This is a big highlight of the course.
During October, the colours of the rice fields are at their very best, so the knockout views of vibrant rice paddies and jungle-clad mountains will make all but the most fiercely competitive stop for a photo opportunity!
Once down in the valley a flat section of beautiful trail leads through the picturesque village of Kho Muong, from where you will face a long final climb before a short hilly tarmac section with yet more awesome views.
After descending back down into the Nature Reserve on ‘wonder trails’, you will reach another small settlement and from here you are on the finishing stretch of trail through a breathtaking valley.
After crossing some bamboo and wood bridges, you will be on the home run to the Ban Hang Race Village where a well deserved meal and the finish party await.
Choose your race distance
|RACE DISTANCE||STANDARD FEE||Combo Entry + Ban Hang Package|
|CỰ LY||Phí tiêu chuẩn||Combo vé chạy + gói Bản Hang 3 ngày|
|10km||VND 1,550,000 |
|25km – SOLD OUT | HẾT CHỖ||VND 2,950,000|
|50km Ultra||VND 3,650,000|
|70km Ultra||VND 3,900,000|
|**Group Registration Discount | |
Ưu đãi đăng ký nhóm
|10-49 runners | 10-49 người||5%||5% on entry fee only|
|50+ runners | Từ 50 người trở lên||10%||10% on entry fee only|
MANDATORY KIT 70KM & 50KM
IMPORTANT: Please note:
- 70k & 50k Disqualification (DSQ) will result from a lack of: Means of carrying kit (e.g. race pack / belt); 1lt Water Carrying Capacity; Phone; Waterproof Jacket; Headlamp
- 70k & 50k 30-minute Time Penalty will result from lack of: Any other mandatory kit item listed below
- Means of carrying all kit (e.g. race pack / belt) (Lack of this = DSQ)
- 1.0L liquid carrying capacity (Lack of this = DSQ)
- Strong headlamp (Lack of this = DSQ)
- Waterproof jacket, with hood, sufficient to keep you dry in case of heavy rain (e not a windproof-only jacket; not cheap, thin poncho) (Lack of this = DSQ)
- Headwear (hat / cap / buff) (30 minute Penalty)
- Whistle (30 minute Penalty)
- Mobile phone (with battery for the full event) (Lack of this = DSQ)
- Basic first aid kit (30 minute Penalty)
- Long trousers / leggings
- GPS watch with GPX track loaded
- Poles (very helpful for most runners)
- Cash for buying food and drinks along the course
- Anti chafing cream
- Tape / blister plasters
- Battery pack to charge phone if needed (IMPORTANT: a phone with remaining battery power is mandatory; no battery power in your phone = disqualification. If you doubt your phone can last until the end, bring a battery pack)
- Survival blanket / Emergency blanket / Space blanket
Handing in your bag: 01 bag/01 runner at the START LINE
Please prepare your own bag. Bags must be sealed/closed.
Do not include valuables – the organiser cannot be held responsible for any loss.
BRING your luggage tag (given at the race pack collection), we will staple it for you.
Picking up your bag after the race: at the FINISH
Note: no individual requests for bag transfers can be facilitated. ALL bags are moved together.