Breaking any of the rules may incur a time penalty or disqualification.
Any such penalties are at the organisers’ discretion and final.
1. You must race with your own race bib. If you run with another person’s bib and you have not formally transferred that bib with the organiser, you will be disqualified and the organiser is not responsible for you on the course. Moreover, if you run with another person’s bib, you endanger yourself and others as the organiser will not have your medical records or your emergency contact.
2. Your race number must be worn on the front of your body.
Results - Timing
3. Your bib has an electronic timing chip. You must pass all timing systems on course to get a valid finish time. Failure to do so will result in inspection of the result by the organisers.
4. You must complete the marked course on foot under your own power.
5. You must stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted. If you get lost, return to the last sighted marking.
6. Intentional littering is prohibited – this results in disqualification.
7. All participants must adhere to the checkpoint staff instructions regarding cut-off times. For your cut-off times, please refer to the course profile for your distance.
The cut-off time is the time you MUST LEAVE the checkpoint, not the time you arrive.
Checkpoint Food + Bring Your Own Bowl
8. Checkpoint food is for runners only – no supporters may eat it.
9. Outside assistance from supporters is only permitted at the designated checkpoints. Supporters may not set up branded flags / banners. No banners / flags may be used. Supporters must only use the area designated by the organiser.
10. Any outside assistance outside of these checkpoints will result in disqualification.
11. Supporters may not run along with participants at any point on the course. This results in disqualification.
Withdrawal / Abandoning
12. If you withdraw from the race, you must inform our crew at the checkpoint or by calling us using the number on the back of your race bib.
13. You must carry the mandatory gear at all times during the event.
Top 3 VMM Runners will have mandatory kit inspections.
Other kit inspections are carried out at random, including at the start line.
See the mandatory kit for your specific distance for disqualification and time penalty information.
Use of Audio Headphones. No portable speakers may be used.
14. The wearing of audio headphones is allowed, but:
– You must switch off audio at all checkpoints so you can hear directions given to you by event crew.
– You must also switch off audio when on all public roads so you can hear approaching traffic.
15. Any participation in this event is completely at your own risk and you will be required to sign an indemnity in order to participate.
16. It is not permitted to have your pet run along with you on the course.
17. It is not permitted to bring pets into the Topas Ecolodge finish area.
18. Leave any gates on course in the same position as you find them – closed gates should be closed behind you.
Private / Individual Sponsors
19. Flags for your individual sponsors may not be displayed on the podium. Represent your individual sponsors by wearing their logos only, not bringing large banners or flags.
Drop Bags / Finish Bags
20. Drop bags / Finish bags may not contain valuables. The organiser cannot be held responsible for them.
21. No individual requests to receive drop bags / finish bags outside of the designated time slots will be accepted.
Results – Dispute
22. Any dispute about results must be lodged with the organiser within 48 hours of the finish cut off time.
Organiser GPS devices
23. Leading runners will be required to carry a GPS device from the organiser. Refusal to carry one will result in disqualification.