You must race with your own race bib. If you run with another person’s bib and you have not formally transferred that bib with the organiser, you will be disqualified and the organiser is not responsible for you on the course. Moreover, if you run with another person’s bib you endanger yourself and others as the organiser will not have your medical records or your emergency contact.
- You must complete the marked course on foot under your own power.
- You must stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted. If you get lost return to the last sighted marking.
- Littering is prohibited.
Checkpoints / Food / Cut-offs
- Only 70/100K: Sign in at CP101 and CP2: our staff will instruct you.
- 10/15/21/42K will pass all check points without any sign in – our staff will note your number.
- There will be water and fruit available at all checkpoints. All other food you will have to carry for the duration of the race.
- Hammer provides HEED at some CP – please check the final program for full details ahead of race day.
- Only 70/100K: You will be provided with extra food at CP4.
- All participants must adhere to the checkpoint staff instructions regarding cut off times. For your cut off times please refer to the course profile for your distance.
- COT RULES: Cut-off time is the time you MUST LEAVE the CP, not the time you arrive.
- Outside assistance from supporters is only permitted at the checkpoints.
Emergency / Withdrawal
- If you are in trouble or need medical assistance on the course you should use the TRANSPORT number printed on the backside of your race number. Please make contact to the local people and ask to them to speak to our safety team. The locals will be able to tell your exact location to our crew.
- If you withdraw, you MUST informed our race team – call the TRANSPORT number on your race number or tell our check point staff.
Gear & equipment
- Your race number must be visible at all times on the outside of your clothing and on the front of your body. Do not cover over your race number with any backpack strap or article of clothing.
- You must carry the mandatory gear at all times during the event. Top 3 runners will have gear checks at the finish line and random checks will be done during the event. Any participant without the mandatory gear will not be able to proceed.
- The wearing of iPods or other music players with headphones is allowed. However is up to you to use them in a sensible and safe manner so that you must remain aware of your surroundings at all times. You must switch off music at all checkpoints so you can hear directions given to you by event crew. You must also switch off music when traveling on all public roads so you can hear approaching traffic.
Breaking any of the rules may incur a time penalty or disqualification.
Any such penalties are at the organisers’ discretion and are final.