A: There are 6 race distances: 10km, 15km, 21km, 42km, 70km and 100km.
The long distances from 21km to 100km are held on Saturday, 19 September 2020.
10km, 15km and a new 21km are held on Sunday, 20 September 2020.
*Note: 100km runners start on the night of Friday, 18 September 2020.
A: This is sent 1 week prior to the race.
A: You can come to register and pay cash at our office at Topas Travel Office, No. 1B, Alley 12/2/5 Dang Thai Mai Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi or settle payment to our BIDV account. Email us at email@example.com for further support.
A: No, you cannot use a nickname. By entering this event you agree that you have entered in your own name and yes, you are required to bring photographic ID or passport with signed Indemnity Form when you come to collect the race kit.
A: There is no paper certificate of achievement but we give a medal to every finisher. The e-certificate will be available for download. Besides, the results are updated on our website and on http://itra.run/.
A: Yes, you can. In case you find that you are unable to participate in the race after receiving confirmation, you can transfer your bib to another individual. The admin fee is $20 and deadline is 19 August 2020.
The replacement should be fully aware of race rules, terms and conditions and should provide us full information as a new runner.
*To transfer your slot, please advise new runner’s registration profile in this form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in payment of admin fee.
A: You can change race distances after having already registered by sending your request to email@example.com . To change distances a $20 administration fee must be paid.
- Participants who wish to change to a longer distance must also pay the extra amount.
- No refunds are available if changing to a shorter distance.
- No changes to race distances after 19 August 2020 or when sold out.
- Changing to 10km $ 15km policy: $20 admin fee. Full refund of the price difference before 19 June 2020. Refund 50% of the price difference between 20 June and 19 August 2020.
A: You can find the cancellation/refund policy HERE.
A: We are sorry that it is impossible to transfer the entry of this year to another year.
A: Yes, totally. You can change your t-shirt size after double checking the size chart HERE.
A: Yes, for sure! You leave a bag with clean clothing at the race start line. This will be ready for you at the finish. There, you can have a shower, change into your clean clothing, then enjoy the day at Topas Ecolodge!
A: On the day before the race (Friday), Topas Ecolodge is open for resident guests only. We are happy to welcome you to enjoy Topas Ecolodge on race day!
A: Yes. Put a swimming costume in your drop bag at the start line, pick it up at the finish, then you can take a shower and jump in!
A: The registration is scheduled to close 2 months before race date or when the quota for registration is full (for 21km – 100km). Registration for Sunday contest can open until Saturday, 19 September 2020 or close earlier if sold out.
A: Yes and details are as below:
- 70km: Registration is only open for very experienced runners, at least 18 years old on race day, who have previously completed at least 1 full marathon. You can register for the race first and submit the result / certificate link that we can check within 10 August 2020.
- 100km: Registration is only open for very experienced runners, at least 18 years old on race day, who have previously completed at least 1 ultra marathon. You can register for the race first and submit the result / certificate link that we can check within 10 August 2020.
There is no certificate required for 10-42km, but we recommend the following so that you have a good chance of making our cut off times:
- Entrants to 42km, 70km and 100km must be at least 18 years old on race day.
- Entrants to 21km must be at least 16 years old on race day.
- Entrants to 15km must be at least 10 years old on race day.
- Entrants to 10km must be at least 6 years old on race day.
- For 10km & 15km entrants under 16 years old, parents/guardians must sign the consent form HERE for race packet collection. Race entrants up to 14 must run along with the guardian.
A: Yes and for runners without inclusive packages only.
Kindly see details HERE.
A: You can find the information of mandatory equipment for each distance HERE.
A: Trail shoes. The specific brand and model depends on individual choice, but the shoes should be for off road trail running, not road shoes. For clothing, the mountains can be very hot, or cool and wet, so you need to be prepared!
A: You should be prepared for a long day on your feet and practice being in the mountains, whether that is hiking or running. You must be able to look after your own nutrition especially if you take on the ultra marathon 70km or 100km. Make sure you are comfortable with good footwear and carry the right clothing to put on if it rains or turns chilly.
A: We provide bus transfer for all runners from meeting point in Sapa to the start line for each distance. This is included in your race fee. Buses DO NOT wait for late runners. The bus departure time for each race distance is announced HERE and included in the race program.
We also provide buses for runners from the finish area back to Sapa.
For Sunday contests, since the race starts and finishes in Sapa Central Square, you will walk to the starting line on racing day.
*Please note these buses are for runners only – because we have to transfer over 2,000 people, we cannot also provide provision for non-runners, sorry!
A: Yes, every checkpoint has water. You must prepare your own water bottles or camelbag. You should carry your own favourite electrolyte powder.
A: Every checkpoint has bananas plus one other type of fruit. Checkpoint 4 also has hot veggie soup and also noodles for the 70km and 100km runners.
A: Kindly follow the details below:
- Saturday 21km, 42km: drop bag in Sapa Square before getting on the bus to the start.
- 70km, 100km: drop bag at the start area. 100km runners can access the bag at CP103 (Topas Ecolodge / Start) for extra supplies.
- Sunday runners: can hand in the bag at the start – Sapa Square.
Simply bring it to the race start with your name tag on it. Bring one bag only – this will also be at the finish area waiting for you.
A: No, we provide fruit at checkpoints. Bananas plus one other fruit. You should prepare energy gel/bars of your choice. Be mindful that intentional littering results in disqualification.
A: September is the start of dry season (19-32°C) in Sapa when the golden paddy rice fields are at their peak beauty during harvesting time. However, this is a mountain area, and the weather can therefore turn wet and colder, so you must prepare adequate clothing for all conditions.
A: Yes, the race is organised by Topas Travel, experts in travel since 1973. Kindly check out the packages HERE for more suggestions.
A: You could take our Topas Mountain Express (luxury van) at USD50/way, night train to Lao Cai or bus to Sapa Town.
A: Yes and it is free. At Topas Ecolodge, wifi is available in the restaurant area only.
A: You may access the course, but there is no provision provided for this.
A: You could register for a late departure bus at $15/person, departing at 11AM and 1PM on departure date. You will get picked up at the airport and your bib will be handed out at VMM hotel.
A: Yes and upon request only. All fees are VAT included.
Kindly send your request with full and final details (Company name, address, tax code; Receiver’s name, address, phone number) WITHIN 2 weeks after the race date to firstname.lastname@example.org. No red issue for late requests. The invoice is for September and posted in October.