A: There are 6 race distances: 10km, 15km, 21km, 42km, 70km, 100km and 160km.
The long distances from 21km to 100km are held on Saturday, 28 Aug 2021.
10km and 15km are held on Sunday, 29 Aug 2021.
*Note: 160km and 100km runners start on the night of Friday, 27 Aug 2021.
A: This is sent 1 week prior to the race.
A: You can come to register and pay cash at our office at Topas Travel Office, No. 1B, Alley 12/2/5 Dang Thai Mai Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi or settle payment to our BIDV account. Email us at email@example.com for further support.
A: No, you cannot use a nickname. By entering this event you agree that you have entered in your own name and yes, you are required to bring photographic ID or passport with signed Indemnity Form when you come to collect the race kit.
A: There is no paper certificate of achievement but we give a medal to every finisher. The e-certificate will be available for download. Besides, the results are updated on our website and on http://itra.run/.
A: Yes, you can. In case you find that you are unable to participate in the race after receiving confirmation, you can transfer your bib to another individual. The admin fee is $20 and deadline is 1 month (30 days) prior to the race date.
The replacement should be fully aware of race rules, terms and conditions and should provide us full information as a new runner.
*To transfer your slot, please advise new runner’s registration profile in this form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in payment of admin fee.
A: You can change race distances after having already registered by sending your request to email@example.com . To change distances a $20 administration fee must be paid.
- Participants who wish to change to a longer distance must also pay the extra amount.
- No refunds are available if changing to a shorter distance.
- No change of distance within 1 month (30 days) prior to the race date or after sold out.
- Changing distances to 10km & 15km policy: $20 admin fee must be paid. Full refund of the price difference for changes 3 months or earlier prior to the race date. Refund 50% of the price difference for changes within 3 months to 1 month prior to the race date.
A: You can find the cancellation/refund policy HERE.
A: We are sorry that it is impossible to transfer the entry of this year to another year.
A: Yes, totally. You can change your t-shirt size after double checking the size chart HERE.
A: Yes, for sure! You leave a bag with clean clothing at the race start line. This will be ready for you at the finish. There, you can have a shower, change into your clean clothing, then enjoy the day at Topas Ecolodge!
A: On the day before the race (Thursday), Topas Ecolodge is open for resident guests only. We are happy to welcome you to enjoy Topas Ecolodge on race day!
A: Yes. Put a swimming costume in your drop bag at the start line, pick it up at the finish, then you can take a shower and jump in!
A: The registration is scheduled to close 2 months before race date or when the quota for registration is full (for 21km – 100km). Registration for Sunday contest can open until Thursday, 26 Aug 2021 or close earlier if sold out.
A: Yes and details are as below:
- 70km: Registration is only open for very experienced runners, at least 18 years old on race day. To run VMM 70km, you must have previously completed at least 1 full marathon (42km) or longer event before the race. Please provide the link to your official qualifying result. If you plan to run a qualifying race between now and VMM, you may send us your qualifying result no later than 10 July 2021.
- 100km: Registration is only open for very experienced runners, at least 18 years old on race day. To run VMM 100km, you must have previously completed at least 1 ultra marathon (> 42km) before the race. Please provide the link to your official qualifying result. If you plan to run a qualifying race between now and VMM, you may send us your qualifying result no later than 10 July 2021.
- 100 Miles: You can qualify for VMM 100 miles by achieving one or more of the following since 2018:
- Being a VMM 100k Finisher (not a DNF runner)
- Finishing an equivalent 100k+ mountain race
- Finishing a VTS or equivalent 70k mountain race within 15 hours
On registration, please provide a URL link to your qualifying result (VTS results page, ITRA results page, or similar). If you plan to complete a qualifying race between now and race day, you must send us your result by 10 July 2021.
Failure to provide evidence of a qualifying past performance will result in refusal of entry.
There is no certificate required for 10-42km, but we recommend the following so that you have a good chance of making our cut off times:
- Entrants to 42km, 70km, 100km and 100 Miles must be at least 18 years old on race day.
- Entrants to 21km must be at least 16 years old on race day.
- Entrants to 15km must be at least 10 years old on race day.
- Entrants to 10km must be at least 6 years old on race day.
- For 10km & 15km entrants under 16 years old, parents/guardians must sign the consent form HERE for race packet collection. Race entrants up to 14 must run along with the guardian.
A: Yes and for runners without inclusive packages only.
Kindly see details HERE.
A: You can find the information of mandatory equipment for each distance HERE.
A: Trail shoes. The specific brand and model depends on individual choice, but the shoes should be for off road trail running, not road shoes. For clothing, the mountains can be very hot, or cool and wet, so you need to be prepared!
A: You should be prepared for a long day on your feet and practice being in the mountains, whether that is hiking or running. You must be able to look after your own nutrition especially if you take on the ultra marathon 70km or 100km. Make sure you are comfortable with good footwear and carry the right clothing to put on if it rains or turns chilly.
A: We provide bus transfer for all runners from meeting point in Sapa to the start line for each distance. This is included in your race fee. Buses DO NOT wait for late runners. The bus departure time for each race distance is announced HERE and included in the race program.
We also provide buses for runners from the finish area back to Sapa.
For Sunday contests, since the race starts and finishes in Sapa Central Square, you will walk to the starting line on racing day.
*Please note these buses are for runners only – because we have to transfer over 2,000 people, we cannot also provide provision for non-runners, sorry!
A: Yes, every checkpoint has water. You must prepare your own water bottles or camelbag. You should carry your own favourite electrolyte powder.
A: Every checkpoint has bananas plus one other type of fruit. 70km & 100km runners will get extra food at CP4.
A: Kindly follow the details below:
- 21km, 42km: drop bag in Sapa Square before getting on the bus to the start.
- Sunday runners: can hand in the bag at the start – Sapa Square.
Simply bring it to the race start with your name tag on it. Bring one bag only – this will also be at the finish area waiting for you.
A: No, we provide fruit at checkpoints. Bananas plus one other fruit. You should prepare energy gel/bars of your choice. Be mindful that intentional littering results in disqualification.
A: August is autumn time (10-26°C) in Sapa. Kindly note, this is a mountain area, and the weather can therefore turn wet and colder, so you must prepare adequate clothing for all conditions.
A: Yes, the race is organised by Topas Travel, experts in travel since 1973. Kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
A: You could take our Topas Mountain Express (luxury van) at USD50/way, night train to Lao Cai or bus to Sapa Town.
A: Yes and it is free. At Topas Ecolodge, wifi is available in the restaurant area only.
A: You may access the course, but there is no provision provided for this.
A: You could register for a late departure bus at $15/person, departing at 1PM on departure date. You will get picked up at the airport and your bib will be handed out at VMM hotel.
A: Yes and upon request only. All fees are VAT included.
Kindly send your request with full and final details (Company name, address, tax code; Recipient’s email address for e-invoice) WITHIN 10 days after the race date to email@example.com. No red issue for late requests. The invoice is for August and emailed in September.
Yes, the three longest race categories offer points for the Championship. 100 miles and 100 km have A-status and 70 km has B-status according to the regulations of the ATM Championship
Yes, every finisher of the 100 miles, 100 km and 70 km score 1 point for their Grandmaster Quest challenge