- You must complete the marked course on foot under your own power.
- You must stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted. If you get lost return to the last sighted marking.
- Littering is prohibited.
Checkpoints / Food / Cut-offs
- Only 70km: When you get to the check points you are responsible for writing you time and sign your name. You can enjoy vegetable soup at CP4.
- 10/21/42km will pass all check points without any sign in – our staff will note your number.
- There will be water and fruit available at all checkpoints. All other food you will have to carry for the duration of the race.
- All participants must adhere to the checkpoint staff instructions regarding cut off times. For your cut off times please refer to the course profile for your distance. Cut off runners will be dropped at the finish area and join the standard buses from there.
- Outside assistance from supporters is only permitted at the checkpoints.
- Please note that you have to carry a personal first aid kit
Emergency / Withdrawal
- If you are in trouble or need medical assistance on the course you should use the TRANSPORT number printed on the backside of your race number. He will coordinate medical and transport. Please make contact to the local people and ask to them to speak to our safety team. The locals will be able to tell your exact location to our crew.
- If you withdraw, you MUST informed our race team – call the TRANSPORT number on your race number or tell our check point staff.
Gear & equipment
- Your race number must be visible at all times on the outside of your clothing and on the front of your body. Do not cover over your race number with any backpack strap or article of clothing.
- You must carry the mandatory gear at all times during the event. Top 3 runners will have gear checks at the finish line and random checks will be done during the event. Any participant without the mandatory gear will not be able to proceed.
- The wearing of iPods or other music players with headphones is allowed. However is up to you to use them in a sensible and safe manner so that you must remain aware of your surroundings at all times. You must switch off music at all checkpoints so you can hear directions given to you by event crew. You must also switch off music when traveling on all public roads so you can hear approaching traffic.
- Bag drop: At the start. Use your luggage tag. Please do not put cash, valuables or electronic devices in the drop bag. We are not responsible for any damage or loss caused.
Breaking any of the rules may incur a time penalty or disqualification.
Any such penalties are at the organisers’ discretion and are final.