You must race with your own race bib. If you run with another person’s bib and you have not formally transferred that bib with the organiser, you will be disqualified and the organiser is not responsible for you on the course. Moreover, if you run with another person’s bib you endanger yourself and others as the organiser will not have your medical records or your emergency contact.
- You must complete the marked course on foot under your own power.
- You must stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted. If you get lost return to the last sighted marking.
- Littering is prohibited.
Checkpoints / Food / Cut-offs
- Only 70km: 70km runners must sign in at CP3 – our staff will direct you. You can enjoy vegetable soup at CP4.
- 10/21/42km will pass all check points without any sign in – our staff will note your number.
- There will be water and fruit available at all checkpoints. All other food you will have to carry for the duration of the race.
- All participants must adhere to the checkpoint staff instructions regarding cut off times. For your cut off times please refer to the course profile for your distance. Cut off runners will be dropped at the finish area and join the standard buses from there.
- Outside assistance from supporters is only permitted at the checkpoints.
- Please note that you have to carry a personal first aid kit
Emergency / Withdrawal
- If you are in trouble or need medical assistance on the course, you should use the TRANSPORT number printed on the backside of your race number. He will coordinate medical and transport. Please make contact to the local people and ask to them to speak to our safety team. The locals will be able to tell your exact location to our crew.
- If you withdraw, you MUST inform our race team – call the TRANSPORT number on your race number or tell our check point staff.
Gear & equipment
- Your race number must be visible at all times on the outside of your clothing and on the front of your body. Do not cover over your race number with any backpack strap or article of clothing.
- You must carry the mandatory gear at all times during the event. Random checks will be carried out during the event and at the finish.
- The wearing of iPods or other music players with headphones is allowed. However is up to you to use them in a sensible and safe manner so that you must remain aware of your surroundings at all times. You must switch off music at all checkpoints so you can hear directions given to you by event crew. You must also switch off music when traveling on all public roads so you can hear approaching traffic.
- Bag drop: At the start. Use your luggage tag. Please do not put cash, valuables or electronic devices in the drop bag. We are not responsible for any damage or loss caused.
Breaking any of the rules may incur a time penalty or disqualification.
Any such penalties are at the organisers’ discretion and are final.