Vietnam Trail Series by Topas
Vietnam Trail Series (VTS) is comprised of three Topas races:
- Vietnam Trail Marathon (VTM)
- Vietnam Jungle Marathon (VJM)
- Vietnam Mountain Marathon (VMM)
As a series, these three events provide contrasting mountain running tests.
Entrants can race to become the annual Vietnam Trail Series Champion in three categories:
- Ultra (55km + 70km + 100km)
- Marathon (42km)
- Challenge (21km Saturday + 25km)
The 2019 VTS Champions will be crowned in Sapa in September following VMM.
VTS Ultra Championship races
- Vietnam Trail Marathon 70km
- Vietnam Jungle Marathon 70km
- Vietnam Jungle Marathon 55km (-300 points)
- Vietnam Mountain Marathon 70km
Vietnam Mountain Marathon 100km (includes 300 bonus points)
VTS Marathon Championship races
- Vietnam Trail Marathon 42km
- Vietnam Jungle Marathon 42km
- Vietnam Mountain Marathon 42km
VTS Challenge Championship races
- Vietnam Trail Marathon 21km
- Vietnam Jungle Marathon 25km
- Vietnam Mountain Marathon 21km Saturday
Points System and Rules
Click HERE for complete point table.
A runner’s two highest scoring results will be counted to give the VTS ranking. If you join all three VTS races, your BEST TWO results will count toward your overall ranking.
Points gained in each of the VTS categories (Ultra 70+100, Marathon 42k and Challenge 21k Saturday and 25k) can only be used toward the championship for that category, ie runners cannot combine Ultra points and Marathon points.
Runner A wins VTM 70k and earns 1000 points, then wins VJM 70km and earns 1000 points, then comes third at VMM 70km and gets 780 points. Top two results are VTM and VJM. The runners gets 2000 points.
Runner B wins VTM 70k and earns 1000 points, then wins VMM 100km and earns 1300 points (including bonus 300 points for 100km). They are also 4th at VJM, but as their worst result, it is excluded from the ranking. Total VTS points for 2019 = 2300.