General Trading Conditions
Vietnam Trail Series is the name of the series of trail races organized by Topas Travel annually, including:
- Vietnam Mountain Marathon (VMM) in Sapa, Lao Cai (Race fees)
- Vietnam Jungle Marathon (VJM) in Pu Luong National Reserve, , Thanh Hoa (Race fees)
- Vietnam Trail Marathon (VTM) in Moc Chau, Son La (Race fees)
- VMM Nam Cang in Sapa, Lao Cai (Race fees)
Topas Travel always aims to introduce to runners unique experiences in beautiful destinations.
1. RACE FEES
The race fees are inclusive of:
- Competitor t-shirt
- Finisher medal (for finishers)
- Charity donation (for 21km – 100km distances)
- Shuttle as indicated in the program
- Water and fruit at checkpoints (as indicated in the program)
- Entrance fees, if any
2. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
All Vietnamese and foreigners with full civil capacity can register to participate in the running events of the Vietnam Trail Series.
Age requirements for participants are based on specific distances, as follows:
- Entrants to any distances longer than 21km must be at least 18 years old on race day.
- Entrants to 21km must be at least 16 years old on race day.
- Entrants to VMM 15km or VJM 10km must be at least 10 years old on race day.
- Entrants to VMM Nam Cang 12km must be at least 12 years old on race day.
- Entrants to VMM 10km, VTM 5km must be at least 6 years old on race day.
- For 10km & 15km entrants under 16 years old, parents/guardians must sign the consent form for race packet collection. Race entrants under 14 years old must run along with the guardian.
Runners living abroad coming to Vietnam to participate in the Vietnam Trail Series races are responsible for fully complying with the current immigration regulations of Vietnamese.
Runners participating in the race agree and fully comply with the race rules as prescribed by the Organizing Committee (https://vietnamtrailseries.com/race-rules/).
3. PAYMENT POLICY
3.1. Payment method
You can choose from the following forms of registration and payment after registering for a race in the Vietnam Trail Series:
Register by email and make payment by bank transfer (you should use this method when making group registration);
Register and pay online.
3.2. Details of online payment methods
Online payments are made with domestic ATM cards and international credit cards through our payment service provider Onepay.
a. ATM Card (Domestic Debit/Payment/Prepaid Card)
To pay with a domestic bank card, the customer’s card must be registered to use the online payment feature, or the bank’s e-banking service. The transaction must be recorded and authorized successfully by the payment gateway system (balance/limit and customer authentication according to the card’s usage regulations).
List of banks accepting payment by domestic cards:
List of mobile banking apps and other apps available for payment by QR Code:
b. Credit cards, international payment cards, international prepaid cards (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, Union Pay, Amex) issued by domestic and foreign banks. The transaction must be recorded and authorized successfully by the correct payment gateway system (ensure the balance/limit and authenticate the customer according to the card’s usage regulations).
3.3. If the payment transaction is not successful
A failed payment transaction can be caused by many factors, for example:
- The internet payment function is not yet registered with your bank.
- For Visa, MasterCard: During the payment process, you may be asked to enter the SecureCode verified by Visa or MasterCard – check this step has not been missed
- Card does not have enough limit/balance for payment. Some banks also have a daily spending limit for the card.
- Incorrect card information entered.
Please contact email@example.com or your card issuer to find out the exact cause.
4. CANCELLATION / WITHDRAWAL POLICY
Entries cannot be transferred to subsequent years in any cases.
No cancellations are accepted without confirmation by email from the organization team.
Full refund: You can get refund of the total payment minus VND 1,150,000 (~USD 50) administration fee if you advise us and confirm by email 3 months (90 days) or earlier prior to the race date.
50% refund: You can get 50% refund of the total payment if you advise us and confirm by email within 3 months to 1 month (90 to 30 days) prior to the race date. For total payment less than VND 2,300,000 (~USD 100), you can get a full refund of the total payment minus VND 1,150,000 (~USD 50) administration fee.
No refund: No monetary refund if you advise us less than 1 month (30 days) prior to the race date or do not show up at the race.
In the case that the event course is – in the opinion of the event organizers – unsafe (for example due to weather conditions such as heavy rain, high winds, landslides, “acts of god”), organizers may, at their sole discretion, attempt to re-route the course, find an alternative shortened course, or cancel the event. In such a circumstance, no refund can be given.
Organizers reserve the right to cancel the event for reasons including: terrorism, war, public health emergency, epidemic, pandemic, civil unrest, weather conditions, ‘acts of god’.
If the event is cancelled, re-routed or shortened, no refund or transfer to another event will be made.
5. METHODS OF CANCELLATION, CHANGES OF YOUR PARTICIPATION
To cancel your registration, adjust your race distance or transfer your slot to another runner, please follow the below method. We aim for a response time of within 3 working days from the time of receiving your email.
- Email us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or the email address of the event you have registered for detailing your request ;
- If you are entitled to a refund we will proceed to make the payment, minus any relevant fees according to our terms and conditions. .
Bank fees incurred in refunding the registration fee will be borne by the Organizer Committee.
6. CHANGING DISTANCE
- To change distances a VND 450,000 (~USD 20) administration fee must be paid.
- Participants who wish to change to a longer distance must also pay the extra amount for the new distance.
- No refunds are available if changing to a shorter distance.
- No change of distance within 1 month (30 days) prior to the race date or after sold out.
- Changing distance to 10km policy: VND 450,000 (~USD 20) admin fee must be paid.
- Full refund of the price difference for changes 3 months or earlier prior to the race date. Refund 50% of the price difference for changes within 3 months to 1 month prior to the race date.
*To change your distance, kindly email us at email@example.com for further assistance.
7. TRANSFERRING ENTRY
- Entries may be transferred to another runner until 1 month (30 days) prior to the race date. An administration charge of VND 450,000 (~USD 20) is payable.
- If the new runner wishes to change distances the relevant fees will also be applicable