The Organizing Committee (BTC) of the races representing Topas Travel is responsible for managing all activities in organizing Vietnam Trail Series (VTS) races.
Athletes / Runners
The athlete / runner is the registrant for the race with the bib number is confirmed in writing by the Organizer.
- Runners must race with their own race bib.
- If a runner runs with another person’s bib and they have not formally transferred that bib with the organiser, they will be disqualified and the organiser is not responsible for them on the course. Moreover, if a runner runs with another person’s bib you endanger yourself and others as the organiser will not have the runner’s medical records or your emergency contact.
- Runners must complete the marked course on foot under their own power.
- Runners must stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted.
- Littering is prohibited.
Checkpoints / Food / Cut-offs
- The number of checkpoints (CPs) and the distance between two CPs are regulated by the Organizing Committee for each distance of each race individually. Runners may be required to sign in at some checkpoints according to the rules of each race.
- There will be water and fruit available at all checkpoints. All other food runners will have to carry for the duration of the race.
- All participants must adhere to the checkpoint staff instructions regarding cut off times (COT).
- COT Rules: Runners must leave the Checkpoint before COT or the runner will be disqualified from the race.
- Outside assistance from supporters is only permitted at the checkpoints.
Emergency / Withdrawal
- If runners are in trouble or need medical assistance on the course, they can use the number printed on the backside of their race number.
- If runners withdraw, they must inform our race team – call the number on their race number or tell The Organizer’s check point staff.
Gear & equipment
- The runner’s race number must be visible at all times on the outside of their clothing and on the front of their body. Do not cover race numbers with any backpack, strap or article of clothing.
- Runners must carry the mandatory gear at all times during the race. Mandatory gear is dependent on the distance of each race. The Organizer may have gear checks at the finish line and random checks during the event. Any participant without the mandatory gear will not be able to proceed.
- The wearing of iPods or other music players with headphones is allowed. However, it is up to runners to use them in a sensible and safe manner so that they must remain aware of their surroundings at all times. They must switch off music at all checkpoints so they can hear directions given to them by event crew. Runners must also switch off music when traveling on all public roads so they can hear approaching traffic.
- Breaking any of the rules may incur a time penalty or disqualification.
- Any such penalties are at the organisers’ discretion and are final.