Topas Half Day Cycling Tour to Ancient Citadel
Take a bicycle and explore the enveloping countryside on this 25km route. Crisscross lanes and traverse bridges to uncover brilliant green rice paddies, bustling local markets, colorful ancient pagodas, and stop by the house of a local family for tea and snacks. Pass by Co Loa, a centuries-old citadel now embedded in the landscape, before chowing down on bun cha or pho, two must-try Vietnamese dishes and the ideal light lunch.
- An early start this morning as you’re picked up at 9am and we head straight to Bac Bien Village on the outskirts of Hanoi. Enjoy some local snacks to keep you energized, select the right bike and helmet for you, and it’ll be time to set off for the countryside over the Duong River.
Village Hopping to Co Loa
- Pedal from village to village taking in the scenes as you go: buffalo wallowing in water, frantic local markets, and villagers heading to the pagodas and temples. Pass by one of northern Vietnam’s most important archeological sites, Co Loa Citadel, which was established almost 2000 years ago.
Specialties and Temples
- Cycling makes for hungry work, so tuck into a steaming bowl of pho, Vietnam’s national dish and favourite noodle soup, or bun cha, a Hanoi specialty of grilled pork patties with noodles. Take the time to visit a local temple during a post-lunch rest before getting back on the bike and returning to Hanoi.
- Professional English speaking and cycling guide
- Taxi escort to our bike store
- Mountain bike with helmet
- Water, snacks and Vietnamese coffee or tea
- Donation to local Temple
- Boat ferry
- Local lunch
- Travel insurance
- Other services not indicated as inclusive
- Kind of trip: Joining tour (Require minimum 3 persons to depart, maximum of 8 persons per group)
- Departure from: Hanoi Opera House at 9:00AM
- Finish at: Your hotel in the Old Quarter at 13:00PM
- Duration: Half day
- Activities: Cycling
- What to bring: a day backpack; hat; sun cream; shorts & T-shirt for hot season and light windbreaker jacket for cold season.
- Join-in departure: 09:00am
- Require minimum 3 participants to start
- Tour price: 1,470,000vnd per person (equivalent of 62US$)