Hanoi Morning Running Tour
Lace up and take on the capital in this guided 9km morning run. Get a fresh perspective on Hanoi’s highlights while the crowds are still sleeping with loops of Hanoi’s illustrious lakes, leafy parks, and tree-lined boulevards. Delve into the bustling backstreets of the Old Quarter, hop along the revived train tracks, and reenergize with a halfway coffee stop. Finish the run with a steaming bowl of pho, Hanoi’s favourite breakfast.
Part 1: Hoan Kiem Lake and the Old Quarter
- Begin with a loop of Hoan Kiem Lake to join other early-morning exercise enthusiasts, including tai chi practitioners, salsa dancers, and laughter yogis.
- Delve into the Old Quarter just as it’s waking up, a tangled network of ancient backstreets.
- Traditional Vietnamese coffee stop to sample the black stuff that keeps Hanoi buzzing.
Part 2: The Train Track Arches and Botanical Gardens
- Run through the train track neighbourhood and marvel at the creative wall murals painted on the railway arches.
- Dive down some of Hanoi’s most charming boulevards; broad tree-lined streets festooned with centenarian trees and French mansions.
- Head to the Botanical Gardens, a colonial-era park with towering leafy trees for a water break.
Part 3: West Lake and the Truc Bach Neighbourhood
- Run north to Thanh Nien, a temple-studded causeway separating two of Hanoi’s most photogenic bodies of water: West Lake and Truc Bach.
- Head into the charming Truc Bach neighbourhood for a well-deserved bowl of chicken pho, Vietnam’s national dish and Hanoi’s favourite breakfast.
- Time for a warm-down stroll to the local market for a gander before hopping in a taxi and back to the hotel.
Running distance: approx. 9km
- Active and professional tour guide
- Taxi escort from finish point to your hotel in Old Quarter
- Water and Vietnamese coffee or tea
- Local breakfast
- Travel insurance
- Other services not indicated as inclusive
- Kind of trip: Joining tour
- Departure from: 06:00AM at the fountain roundabout at Hoan Kiem lake
- Finish at: 09:00AM at Chau Long market. Taxi back to your hotel (included)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Activities: Running
- What to bring: Running clothes & shoes & water bottle
- Join-in departure: 06:00am
- Require minimum 2 runners to start
- Tour price: 970,000vnd per person (equivalent of 40US$)