Remote Mountain Getaway at Topas Riverside Lodge
Sapa – Topas Riverside Lodge - Hanoi
Head to the mountains for a relaxing stay in the boutique Topas Riverside Lodge overlooking a gushing stream and lush jungle. Discover a secluded corner of the epic northern mountains – a slice of tranquility that remains tucked away from the crowds. Go for countryside walks and explore the ethnic makeup of the diverse highlands, including a Red Yao village where you’ll encounter one of Vietnam’s most resourceful and colourfully-dressed minority groups.
Day 1: Head to the mountains and explore a Red Dao ethnic minority village
8am – 8:30am pick-up and drive up to the mountains of Nam Cang village. Arrive at the lodge in time for check-in and a lunch of mouthwatering countryside specialty dishes. Head to the village, a community of the Red Dao ethnicity, famed across Vietnam for their herbal baths, medicinal plant knowledge, and artisanal craftwork. Back at the lodge you can try a herbal bath for yourself with wild herbs picked from the surrounding hills.
Day 2: A morning walk and a cooling swim
Wake up to the sound of the river flowing past your room and spend the morning at leisure. Climb the hills for compelling views of the green mountains, head down to the river for a cooling swim, or simply relax on the broad balconies with a book. Enjoy another meal at the lodge for lunch before hopping back in the car and heading back to Hanoi. You’ll arrive early evening.
- Kind of trip: Joining tour
- Departure from: 8:00am – 8:30am from your hotel in Sapa
- Finish at: 6:30pm at your hotel in Old Quarter
- Duration: 2 Day/1 Night
- Activities: Walking/Hiking
- What to bring: a day backpack; hat; sun cream; ; sun glasses ; shorts & T-shirt for hot season and light windbreaker jacket for cold season.
- Explore the tranquil mountainous villages in the remote area of Sapa
- Professional English speaking guide
- All the transportations indicated in the program
- Meal: Lunch and Dinner on Day 1, Breakfast and Lunch on Day 2
- Water and snacks
- Twin-shared Room at Topas Riverside Lodge (single supplement on request with additional charge). Please note of 4 shared bathrooms at the lodge.
- Entrance fee to the village
- Travel insurance
- Other services not indicated as inclusive